Further Vitamix adventures – prepping for Phase 2 travel
So, my daughter is leaving to go hang out at Virginia Beach with her friends from Saturday to next Wednesday. But the problem is, she’s on Phase 2 and has to pack in her food if she wants to stay on. She could take a break, but she really wants to finish up, so I am supporting her commitment and helping her to figure out her foods for the trip.
She needs 10 meals (5 day trip). So she’s packed 6 apples and 4 oranges, 7 half-wasa crackers (you’ll see why in a sec), and we’re cooking her proteins and veggies ahead.
We dug through ‘The hCG Diet Gourmet Cookbook’, and came up with the following for her other food:
- 3 portions of Cinnamon Chicken
- 4 cajun hamburgers (burgers with cajun spices)
- 3 portions of Cajun Chicken
- 4 portions of Cream of Asparagus Soup (3 c asparagus, 2 c water, 2 c chicken broth. 2 tbsp organic whole milk, a little low sodium soy or Braggs liquid aminos), cajun spice (she likes cajun), salt, pepper ) We whizzed this all up in the Vitamix. Put it on variable 1, then cranked it up to 10, then turned it on high for about a minute. It made this great creamy (and very green) soup, very tasty!
- 4 portions of Cream of Celery Soup (same as above, except with celery instead of asparagus). Again we’re going to use the Vitamix to make a smooth and creamy soup.
- 2 portions fresh bibb and romaine lettuce from our garden
- plenty of water
- sodastream diet vanilla coke and diet energy drink
So she’s going to head for VA Beach with her cooler full of pre-cooked and packed up Phase 2 goodies.
And *boy* am I having fun playing with the Vitamix. I am counting the days until Phase 3 to play with more varied ingredients, and have big plans to use it to make salsa with my garden veggies for canning.