bummer

Author Topic: Intramuscular VS. Subcutaneous Injections??  (Read 23898 times)

Littlebitshell

Intramuscular VS. Subcutaneous Injections??
« on: May 26, 2009, 01:06:50 AM »
I'm thinking about doing the Simeon Protocol and was wondering what the difference is in the injection methods.

• Is one better than the other? 
  • Does one bring about more weight loss than the other?  Quicker loss?
  • I've read in several areas that the Subcutaneous injections don't really hurt.  Is this true about the Intramuscular Injections? 
  • How do the Intramuscular Injections feel? 
  • Do they make your muscles sore?

Any other info you can give specifically about the Intramuscular injections would be VERY helpful!  This is the method i'm leaning toward.  I'm just not completely sure yet.

Thanks for all of your help!!
Shell

*Image Removed*

Vicky - site owner

• HCG Loss Owner
  • Administrator
  • On my way!! 211.4/160/135
    • Lose the weight with hCG!
Re: Intramuscular VS. Subcutaneous Injections??
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 08:33:25 PM »
Hey Shell!! Welcome!

In answer to your questions:

• Dr. Gedde says that IM will get into the bloodstream faster than SQ, so it can be more effective
  • There is no info on whether one vs. the other will bring faster or more weight loss. I switched from SQ to IM last week, and my losses have followed the same pattern as before the switch. This may not be the same for others, but that is my experience so far.
  • If you use an insulin needle at around 31 gauge (the larger the gauge the smaller the needle), and pinch a bit of fat to inject into, no, it doesn't hurt. In fact, I had to look to make sure I'd put the needle in.... For IM, you do feel a pinch, but it isn't much, about like a mosquito sting. I'm using my insulin needles to to IM into my deltoid muscle.
  • The IM injections pinch a little, then when you push the plunger slowly, you feel a sort of pressure as it goes into the muscle. It doesn't hurt, it just feels a little weird
  • They do not make my muscles sore, but I occasionally get a bit of burning around the injection site for an hour or 2

All in all, I like the IM injections fine. Since they are purportedly more efficient at getting the hCG into your bloodstream with the most potency, I figure I'm giving myself the best chance to lose. I certainly don't find it any more difficult than doing SQ.
  • 212/170/135
Vicky Rowe - Health & Weightloss Counselor, hCG Coaching
Owner, HCGLoss.com
http://www.satoriholistichealth.com - FREE Initial Consultation!!
Need help in your hCG Protocol process? Contact me for professional coaching.

Littlebitshell

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 11:27:16 PM »
Thanks for the info Vicky!  I'm a bit scared about the whole needle thing as I get light headed whenever I get a shot from the doctor... much less giving one to myself everyday!  But, I want to use the most effective method.  Your info makes me think it won't be so bad and I will be fine so thank you  ;)

Please keep us informed on how the IM does for you... I'm interested to see if u lose more after some more time doing the IM method.

Best of luck to you, Sweets!

*Image Removed*

Vicky - site owner

• HCG Loss Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 02:07:10 PM »
You're welcome!! Sorry, been busier'n crap on my 3 jobs, LOL...

I'm done with the shots for now, in P3 until August. But I plan to do round 3 IM, using the Sodium Chloride recommended by the mfr of Hucog. I'll be documenting my results and charting them against my previous losses, so we'll see!!

How is your round going?
  • 212/170/135
Owner, HCGLoss.com

Littlebitshell

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 01:50:18 AM »
I'm not on the protocol right now.  My hubby and I are trying to get pregnant right now, so can't do the protocol.  We are going to stop trying in September (because we live in Phoenix, AZ and if i get pregnant in Sept. that means 9 months in July.... :o UGH I can't do the heat AND be 9 months).  So we will stop trying for 3 months and i'm going to do the HCG during that time, if i'm not pregnant by then ;)   
So, if and when I start on the protocol, i'll let you know how it goes!

Best of luck to you!

*Image Removed*

Vicky - site owner

• HCG Loss Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 11:48:31 AM »
Oh, good luck on the preganancy efforts!! Keep us informed if you decide to go back on the protocol when you take a break.

I had my daughter nearly 17 years ago, got pregnant in November, had her July 31. We lived in a condo with no air, it was miserable those last couple months, LOL.

My daughter just finished her first round, she wants to lose 25 lbs. She did a short round, lost 15 lbs, and is *seriously* squeamish about needles. I injected her sub-q for the first 2 weeks, then she started doing it herself. She's not having any issues with needles anymore!!
  • 212/170/135
Owner, HCGLoss.com

Littlebitshell

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 01:18:20 AM »
Good to hear she was able to get over the needle thing.... maybe there is hope for me  ;D

I'm thinkin i'm gonna have to start by doing the Sub-q injections to get over my fear and then work into the IM injections.

How have the IM injections working for you?  Has it made a huge difference in your weight loss?  I'm dying to know  :D

*Image Removed*

Vicky - site owner

• HCG Loss Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 12:29:04 PM »
The IM vs. Sub-q doesn't really make a difference in weight loss. hCG isn't a weight loss product, it just faciliates the circulation of your fat to feed you. To that end, I feel the IM injections make it work more efficiently, as I noticed less hunger while doing it that way.
  • 212/170/135
Owner, HCGLoss.com

brendavv2002

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 09:54:33 AM »
Hi all,

I purchased the IM by mistake, I want to inject in my fat, not my muscles because I dont know where to inject in my muscle and afraid I might go in too far, or not in far enough.. Can someone tell me if I can use my HUCOG IM only for Subcutaneous injections instead? Will it still be effective?

Vicky - site owner

• HCG Loss Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »
Hi Brenda,

You just need to use insulin syringes for sub-q (in the fat) injections. If you have long IM needles, you can still inject in your fat, you can just insert the needle only a half inch or so.

The hCG is the same either way. It is just as effective. Go here: http://www.hcgloss.com/get-your-hcg.html and click the tab on 'injecting' to learn more about injections.
  • 212/170/135
Owner, HCGLoss.com

wandaful

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 09:12:02 AM »
This is my 3rd round, last 3 times I used a small 5/8 needle to inject in the stomach fat. This time they sent me IM Hucog. I already bought the smaller 5/8 NEEDLES.  Does anyone know if I can use these smaller needles and still inject the IM in the fat of the stomach or do I HAVE to use the longer needle and inject in the muscle. I wanted to get started today when I noticed that the bottle said IM. :(