Tips to Manage Cheats
Tips to Manage Cheating
- Do NOT cheat, you will regret it...here are a few words of wisdoms from other users who have cheated in the past.
Well, guys, it all started with a Mango Mai Tai served in a martini glass. This was Saturday. I ate a quesadilla, an extra serving of steak, an extra apple, and so on. This is my second cheating round! Shoot! I was doing so well, too! I was down twenty pounds... Anyway, it ended with White Castles. Woe is me... LOL.
I stopped taking the shot on my three day break, which was only 9 days in to the VLCD. I figured that cheating would be worse while taking the shots and increasing my caloric flood. Do you guys agree?
Anyway, I did notice that when cheating, the foods made me feel GROSS! Especially the White Castle burger and fries. YUCK! I also noticed that when cheating, I had a tendency towards the same diet food I've been eating, only bigger portions! Hmmmmmm...
Anyway, I'm back on the horse, and have started the shots again, and strict adherence, and feel much better, but Gosh, how quickly they fall...
Yes I succumbed to the cheating monster. Tuesday I ate a huge lunch and then Wednesday I ate a huge dinner. Thursday I was up 4 lbs. This morning I was up another 3 pounds. Now if you don't think 7 pounds is a big deal let's look at it another way. 7 lbs. = over one week of weight loss GONE. Think about it. All the effort you have gone thru to buy and prepare special meals for yourself. All the hard work of not eating foods that are off limits. All the effort of drinking a whoooooole gallon of water everyday so that you slosh when you walk.
Another way of looking at it is that I (for me anyway} was in control of what I put in my mouth and I darn well am going to eat what I want when I want it. But after I cheated the second day I knew that the food was in charge and did I want that? Heck no!! I want to lose weight and be healthy and skinny!! To do that I need to follow Dr. S’ plan. NOT CHEATING
Cheating was a waste of time, of weight loss and of course money. I hope my saga helps someone because that is what these posts we make are all about.
- Do not be afraid of cheating--you have complete control whether you give into temptation or not. Just because someone else has cheated does not mean you will cheat as well. Many, many people have done the protocol without cheating, and you can too. Prepare yourself for the fact that you will *want* to cheat, but *acting* on the thought is your solely decision.
- Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
- Do NOT cheat, this cannot be stated enough, it is a waste of time and money and NOT WORTH IT! Also know that if you cheat, you will gain more than you would not on hCG.
- To get your mind off of wanting to cheat, focus your attention on something else. You can take a walk, go to the library, movie theater, or visit with friends. It is also nice to find a support system, whether it be through an online group (visit here), a buddy who is following the diet with you, family member(s), etc. Just make sure you have someone to stop you from cheating.
- Create a cabinet in your kitchen which supports your diet. Store your teas, Stevia, Apple Cider Vinegar, Grissini/Melba, fruit, etc. and use this special place to “snack” with items that are all allowed on the protocol.
- Do NOT create your own substitutions. Dr. Simeons created a specific list of foods to eat and studied each food intensely. If you start making substitutions, then Dr Simeons' protocol becomes weaker and weaker, and eventually will become completely ineffective. It is the substitutions to the protocol that give the program a bad reputation; it needs to be precisely followed.
- Do not interfere with your own weight loss success by not following the protocol! Dr Simeons' program eliminates and/or reduces sugar and carbohydrate cravings. However, if sugar and carbohydrates remain in your diet (except for the allowed starch), you are not allowing your body to cleanse and your hypothalamus to reset. These are the key to lifelong success.
- You don't need to understand why something will or will not work with the Simeons plan. There are many unexplainable factors to the program, you just need to know that substitutions to the protocol causes weight loss to slow. Just because something doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean you should change it. Do not expect to have the results produced on the Simeons protocol if you do not follow the Simeons protocol.
- Expect to have cravings, be hungry, and moody and expect to want to cheat. These expectations will let you be prepared to control the cravings, hunger, moods, and cheats. Prepare yourself for these feelings, but know that the decision to deviate is yours...stay strong and remember that only you are accountable for everything you put into your mouth.
- When you feel a craving coming on, go and brush your teeth; this should help the craving pass.
- Don't disappoint Dr. Simeons, he would not let someone remain on the hCG protocol if he/she cheated more than three times. You need to commit to the program and stay with it!
- The only way to fix a cheat is to get back on track and tell yourself that you will not cheat. The more you tell yourself that you cannot cheat, the stronger you should feel. If you allow yourself a bite of something, you have already cheated, and you should never make that allowance.
- When you use food as an emotional crutch, you will find it difficult to cope without that crutch while on the VLCD. You need to fill the empty spot with something healthy that you can enjoy, both on and off the protocol. This will not only reduce cravings, but also help you maintain your new healthy weight. Some possibilities include crafting, painting, walking, gardening.
- If you go forward and cheat, you have to take responsibility for that cheat. You should feel guilty and unsatisfied, and you will pay for the cheat for three to five days. This can be 3-5 days of the scale going up, or staying the same. You have to pay for your mistakes, and it sure is time consuming. There is nothing you can do except stop cheating and vow to yourself that you will not cheat again.
This article appears courtesy of HCGCoach.com, the Internet’s most popular source for HCG Diet information. For a complimentary subscription, visit http://www.HCGCoach.com